Hong Kong style roast pork rib
For those who r interested, here's my recipe.
Hong Kong Style Roast Pork Rib Recipe
By Nancy Wei
1.2-1.5kg thick meaty rack of pork ribs
60g maltose (diluted with a little hot water) for final brushing
B) Base Marinade
150g brown bean sauce
100g hoisin sauce
25g sesame paste
50g light soy sauce
25g oyster sauce
350g base marinade (B)
90g tomato ketchup
90g light soy sauce
2 tsp premium Chinese rose wine
1. Wash n remove excess fat n membrane off rack of ribs. Score (large diamond pattern) d meaty side.
2. Put marinade B in a large bottle. Shake well to mix marinade thoroughly. Add marinade C, n shake to mix completely.
3. Rub marinade evenly n generously on both sides of d rack of ribs. Marinade for 4 hours. Every hour turn d ribs for even absorption of flavour. Rub d marinade on d ribs including its sides n scored lines.
4. Preheat oven at 180C FAN mode.
5. Line a large baking tray with tin foil. Place a metal rack on top. Spread d rack of ribs flat on top of metal rack (do not place d ribs directly on d tray). Meaty side up. Do not pour excess marinade on meat or in baking tray. Leave it aside for brushing later.
6. Roast - meaty side up - for 20 mins. Brush with marinade, flip over n brush with more marinade. Roast - skinny side up - for another 20 mins. Brush with marinade again. Flip over n brush with more marinade. Roast - meaty side up - for another 15 mins. Brush both sides with diluted maltose. With d meaty side up, roast for final 5 mins or till surface is dry n glossy.
7. Remove from oven n rest for at least 15 mins before serving.
8. Optional - Boil excess marinade in a small saucepan. Drizzle sauce over ribs.
- Remove membrane on ribs so that d marinade can be well absorbed.
- A good Chinese rose wine makes a huge difference. Do not substitute with other wines.
- Get a thick meaty rack of ribs. Scoring d meat helps to absorb marinade.
- U can get sesame paste at Patchun or Chinatown complex in SG.