Famous Amos cookies
Recipe as follows:
80g unsalted butter
80g brown sugar
70g white sugar
170g semi sweet choco chips
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp coconut milk
1) preheat oven to 180 degree celcius
2) bake/toast oatmeal for 10mins. After cooling off, blend the oats into powder form.
3) cream butter, shortening and sugars
4) add in egg, vanilla extract, coconut milk to mixture. Do not overmix.
5) sift in flour, blended oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt.
6) fold in choco chips.
7) roll the dough into 20cents sized coin and bake for 15 to 20mins
Note: I find chilling the dough makes it easier to work with. Individual preference.
The added coconut milk makes the cookies more fragrant. But u may omit if u do not like coconut.
Happy baking all :D