Cinnamon Crunch Cobblestone Muffins
From Food Snots
For the Dough:
For the Dough:
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cup skim milk, warmed
- 4 oz butter, melted
- 7 cup flour, divided
- 2 pkg (0.25oz each) quick rise yeast
- 1/4 cup pecan halves, chopped
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter of margarine, melted, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-pupose flour
- In large mixing bowl, mix together yeast with warmed milk. Add in the eggs, sugar and salt. Continue to mix in the melted butter and 3 cups flour. Add remaining flour until combined, trying not to over mix. Turn dough out into a greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in size.
- Line large muffin cups with liners or parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine pecans, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl, mix well.
- Separate rolls; cut each roll into six pieces using pizza cutter.
- Place half of the dough pieces and 2 tablespoons of the butter in medium bowl; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the sugar mixture; toss to coat. Divide dough pieces evenly among six muffin cups. Repeat with remaining dough, 2 tablespoons of the butter and 1/4 cup of the sugar mixture; divide evenly to fill remaining muffin cups.
- Add flour to remaining sugar mixture; add remaining butter and mix until crumbly.
- Place a small spoonful scoop of crumb topping over each muffin.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until muffins are deep golden brown. Remove from oven. Cool in pan 5 minutes.