- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1 cup milk
2 tsp cornstarch
2+2 tbsp cold milk
2 tsp gelatin
2 tbsp Malibu liqueur
3/4 cup whipping cream
- To make the coconut mousse, bring the first amount of milk and the coconut to a boil. Drain through a fine-mesh sieve, squeezing the coconut well and reserving the milk.
- Bring reserved coconut milk to a boil. Mix the cornstarch with 2 tbsp of cold milk and add to the hot milk. Cook well until start to thicken. Cool.
- Dissolve the gelatin in remaining 2 tbsp of cold milk. Let stand for 2 minutes. Heat the milk just until gelatin dissolves. Cool slightly.
- Combine cooled coconut milk with gelatin and liqueur. Whip the cream and fold it gently in.
- Line 2,5" ramekins with acetate and pour in the coconut mousse. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze.