Double choc chip cookies
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cups (250g) firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
100g good-quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
100g white chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until pale. Add vanilla and egg and continue to beat until just combined. Sift in the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt then fold in. Stir through chunks of chocolate.
- Place tablespoonfuls of mixture 4-5cm apart on the tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool a little before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.