- 1 cup (235 ml) coconut or rice or hemp milk
1 to 2 tablespoons (15 to 30 ml) fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons (24 g) raw sugar (increase or decrease amounts depending on preference and use.)
2 tablespoons (16 g) cornstarch
Pinch fine sea salt, optional
- Combine milk and lemon juice in a medium bowl, let curdle for a few seconds.
- Add sweetener, cornstarch, optional salt, and flavoring.
- With an immersion blender, combine ingredients by blending for about one minute.
- Heat in microwave for 2 minutes: throughout cooking, keep a close eye on it to make sure the mixture doesn’t bubble up to make a mess in your microwave. Blend again, stir with a fork, or swirl to stir, if using rice milk.
- Heat in microwave for 2 minutes again, blend, stir with fork, or swirl.
- Heat up to another whole last minute: the top of the mixture will have the appearance of a thin pudding, which will tell you that you can stop.
- Store in fridge to thicken. You will have to stir again before using. Enjoy chilled.