Roasted pepper and tomato soup
- 4 red peppers cored and deseeded
500g of tomatoes, halved
1 teaspoon of olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
2 tablespoon light cream
handful of basil, torn
Salt & Pepper
- Place peppers skin up and tomatoes skin down on a baking sheet and cook for 8~ 10 mins until skins of peppers are blacken.
- Remove skins from peppers and slice the flesh. Leave tomatoes to cool and remove skins.
- Heat oil in large saucepan, add the onion and carrot and fry for 5 mins. Add stock and tomatoes, peppers and bring to boil. Simmer for 25 mins until carrot is tender.
- Blitz soup in blender until smooth. Return to pan and heat through. Stir in light cream and basil, season well with pepper and serve.