Xmas Shortbread Cookies
- 160 g cups flour
3 TB caster sugar
112 g cup butter
2 TB red and green sprinkles
1/4 teaspoon Mint essence
Chocolate to coat
- Mix the flour and sugar in a medium bowl. Cut in the butter until you get fine crumbs and mix the mint essence into the dough. Stir in the sprinkles and knead until smooth.
- Pat the dough out into an 8x5 inch rectangle on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Cut the dough into 1/2 inch squares, and separate them on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 170 C for 12-14 minutes, and then transfer the cookies on the parchment to a cooling rack.
- Coat with chocolate if you wished.
- Store in a tightly covered container at room temp for up to three days or in the freezer for up to three months.