- 100 grams glutinous flour (mochiko flour)
20 grams cake flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp soy flour (can substitute with cheese powder)
1 tbsp milk
100 grams water
40 grams sugar
1/2 tsp salt
20 grams butter
10 grams shortening
1/2 egg (beaten)
- Preheat oven to 170 deg C.
- Sieve glutinous flour, soy flour (or cheese powder), cake flour and baking soda together.
- In a saucepan, bring water to boil, add water and salt. Add in butter and shortening. Remove from heat. Slowly sprinkle the flour mixture until well combined and form a dough.
- Slowly pour the wet butter mixture into the flour mixture, stir until well combined and forms a dough.
- Stir in the milk and stir in beaten egg, a spoonful at a time.6. Use a piping bag with plain nozzle, pipe out the batter.
- Bake at 170 deg C for 15 - 20 mins, reduced to 150 deg C and bake for another 10 mins with oven door slightly ajar.
- You can also sprinkling some sugar or cheese powder on top.