Christmas pud cupcakes
- 50g dark chocolate , in chunks
140g butter , plus extra for greasing
100ml soured cream
3 eggs , lightly beaten
140g self-raising flour
140g caster sugar
100g ground almonds
6 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
85g dried sour cherries , plus a few extra to decorate
- 250g icing sugar , sifted
1 tsp custard powder, sifted
12 small bay leaves
- Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Place a 12-hole silicone muffin tray on a baking sheet or butter a non-stick 12-hole muffin tin, and stick two criss-crossing strips of baking parchment in each hole.
- Melt the chocolate and butter over a low heat. Cool a little, then stir in the soured cream and eggs. Mix the flour, sugar, almonds, cocoa and baking powder in a bowl. Pour in the chocolate and stir until smooth, then stir in the cherries. Spoon into the muffin holes so they are 3⁄4 full, then bake for 20 mins. Cool in the tins. Can now be frozen in plastic bags for 3 months.
- To decorate, mix the icing sugar and custard powder with 2 tbsp water to make a thick icing. Remove the muffins from the tins and cool on a rack. Cut off any rounded tops, stand upside-down on the rack, then spoon icing over. Leave to set, then top with bay leaves and cherries. Best eaten on the day.