Apple Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
1 cup (150g) plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup tightly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup rolled oats, plus 1 tbs extra
1 1/2 cups (375ml) vanilla yoghurt, at room temperature
2 eggs, lightly beaten
100ml light olive oil
1 red or green skinned apple, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease 2 x 6 Texas (large) muffin pans with cooking spray or line with muffin cases.
- Sift flours and baking powder together. Stir in sugar and oats. Whisk yoghurt, eggs and oil together. Add to flour, mix until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Divide mixture evenly into muffin pans until three-quarters full. Gently push slices of apple into mixture until covered and sprinkle with extra rolled oats.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden in colour and cooked when tested. Cool for 5 minutes in pan before transferring to a wire cake rack. Serve warm.