Steamed Bread Pudding
- 1 loaf of white bread (400g)
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons butter at room temperature
2 eggs (whichever grade)
400g (1 medium can) evaporated milk
1 and 1/2 cups of raisins (or an enormously generous amount)
- Shred the bread slices into smaller pieces. Toss as evenly as you can with sugar, and then butter.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and add the evaporated milk. Mix thoroughly.
- Transfer the bread mixture into a cake pan. Pour the milk mixture over the bread.
- Remember to press gently so that all the bread gets soaked.
- Right after that, steam it for about 1/2 hour, or until it is cooked.