Baked Ricotta Puddings with Lemon Syrup
Light, fresh-tasting individual Italian-style puddings are made with ricotta cheese, smothered in a tangy lemon syrup and decorated with toasted almonds.
- 100g ground almonds
400g ricotta cheese
250g unrefined Golden Caster Sugar
125ml Lemon Juice
3 medium eggs
15g toasted flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Lightly grease 6 x 150ml metal pudding moulds or ramekin dishes and line the bases with circles of baking parchment.
- Place the ground almonds in a mixing bowl, then beat in the cheese. Add 100g of the sugar, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and the eggs. Continue beating well until combined.
- Divide the mixture between the moulds or ramekins and level the surfaces. Place on a baking sheet and cook for 25 minutes or until pale golden and just firm. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining sugar in a small heavy-based pan with 6 tablespoons cold water. Heat gently until the sugar dissolves, then bring to the boil for 5 minutes, or until syrupy and pale golden. Dip the base of the pan in cold water to prevent further cooking, then stir in the remaining lemon juice.