Spaghetti Aglio Olio con Peperoncino
Ingredients: [Serves 2]
- Fresh/dried Spaghetti, cooked until just tender
4 small cloves garlic, peeled and finely sliced
1 birds-eye chilli, finely sliced (use more or less to taste)
4 sage leaves
250 grams peeled raw prawns (if the prawns are big, cut into large chunks
freshly ground black pepper
freshly ground sea salt
Extra Virgin Olive Oil, to garnish
- Place a generous amount of a good Olive Oil into a pan - don't bother with Extra Virgin as it loses all it's taste and fragrance when heated - use the Extra Virgin to drizzle over the top when the dish is done.
- Over a medium heat, add the garlic, chilli and sage - you want these to slowly release their flavours into the oil. Be careful not to have the heat too high or you will end up with burnt garlic. Swirl the oil and keep them moving and when they have coloured take them off the heat.
- Scoop out the garlic, chilli and sage pieces and return the pan to the stove. Turn up the heat and add the prawn pieces - you want to cook them quickly. When they change colours, return the garlic, chilli and sage to the pan - season with salt and pepper and toss really well.
- Add the cooked and lightly drained spaghetti to the pan and continue stirring and tossing it through, making sure the infused oil coats all the pasta.
- Place on your serving dish and season with a little more freshly ground black pepper and a good drizzle of your favourite Extra Virgin Olive oil.