Chocolate Chip Star Cookies
This has been my favourate cookie recipe all time. It's easy, fun and quick. I bake them all in about 20 mins flat.
150g butter, at room temperature
150g (3/4 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
225g (1 1/2 cups) self-raising flour
2 tbs cocoa powder
90g (1/2 cup) finely chopped a good-quality dark chocolate
120g (3/4 cup) finely chopped good- quality white chocolate
50g (1/3 cup) dark Choc Bits
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar in a medium mixing bowl with electric beaters until pale and creamy. Add the egg and vanilla essence and beat until just combined.
- Sift together the self-raising flour and cocoa. Fold the sifted flour mixture, chopped dark chocolate and chopped white chocolate , through the butter mixture with a wooden : spoon and then bring the dough together with your hands.
- Roll out half the dough on a lightly floured work surface with a lightly floured rolling pin to about l cm thick. Cut the 1 dough with cookie cutters of your choice and place onto the prepared baking trays about 3cm apart. Evenly press half the Choc Bits into the cookies.
- Bake cookies in the preheated oven for e 15-20 minutes or until crisp and cooked through. Remove from the oven and stand on the baking trays for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Repeat :with the remaining biscuit dough and Choc Bits. Store in an airtight container.