- 1 x 250g pkt granita biscuits
125g butter, melted
1 x 300ml ctn double cream
1 x 395g can sweetened condensed milk
70g (1/3 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- Place the biscuits in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely crushed. Add the butter and process until well combined. Divide the biscuit mixture among six round 8cm (base measurement) fluted tart tins with removable bases. Use the back of a metal spoon to firmly press the biscuit mixture over the base and side of each tin. Place in the fridge until required.
- To make caramel filling, place condensed milk, sugar and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, for 10-12 minutes or until caramel thickens (do not boil).
- Pour the hot caramel evenly among biscuit bases. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour to chill.
- Peel and thinly slice bananas, and arrange over the caramel filling. Top pies with a dollop of cream and serve immediately.