Basic pizza dough
Ingredients: (serves 6)
- 7g sachet dry yeast
1 teaspoon caster sugar
3/4 cup warm water
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups plain flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine 3/4 cup warm water, yeast, sugar and salt in a jug. Whisk with a fork to dissolve. Cover with plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place for 5 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Sift flour into a bowl. Add yeast mixture and oil. Mix to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 10 minutes or until elastic. Place in a lightly greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Stand in a warm place for 25 to 30 minutes or until dough has doubled in size.
- Use your fist to punch dough down. Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
- Roll dough out to a circle, square or rectangle about 3/4cm thick.
- Either divide the dough into 12 portions and roll out into mini pizzas.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 220°C for 10 minutes for pre-bake base, otherwise bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until pizza base is crisp.
- To make garlic pizza bread: Brush uncooked dough with olive oil combined with 2 cloves of crushed garlic. Sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.