Honey & Yoghurt mousse
Ingredients: (serves 6)
- 2 tbs cold water
2 tsp powdered gelatine
390g (1 1/2 cups) Greek yoghurt
125ml (1/2 cup) honey
2 eggs, separated
125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
6 ripe clingstone peaches, halved, stones removed, sliced
- Place six 200ml-capacity metal dariole moulds on a baking tray. Place water in a small saucepan. Sprinkle with gelatine and set aside for 5 minutes to soak. Place saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute or until gelatine dissolves (do not boil). Remove from heat.
- Use a balloon whisk to whisk together the yoghurt, honey and egg yolks in a bowl until smooth and combined.
- Use an electric beater to whisk the cream in a bowl until soft peaks form. Use a metal spoon to fold the cream into the yoghurt mixture until just combined.
- Use a clean electric beater to beat egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Fold egg whites into the yoghurt mixture until combined. Add 1 tbs of the yoghurt mixture to gelatine mixture and stir to combine. Add gelatine mixture to yoghurt mixture and fold until combined.
- Spoon yoghurt mixture evenly among moulds. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 4 hours or until set.
- Dip the moulds, 1 at a time, into hot water for 2 seconds, then turn onto serving plates. Serve with peaches.