Crisp tofu salad
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 250g green beans, topped
3 tsp tandoori curry paste (Sharwoods brand)
3 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
500g firm tofu, drained, dried with paper towel, cut into bite-sized pieces
375ml (1 1/2 cups) peanut oil
1 bunch (about 500g) English spinach, stems removed, leaves washed, dried, coarsely shredded
1 telegraph cucumber, cut into thin sticks
1 punnet (250g) cherry tomatoes, halved
100g salted roasted cashew nuts
2 tbs fresh lime or lemon juice
2 tbs sweet chilli sauce
Salt & ground black pepper
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Add the beans and cook for 1 minute or until tender crisp. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain well.
- Combine the tandoori paste and ginger in a small bowl. Add the tofu and toss gently to coat.
- Heat the oil in a wok or medium frying pan over medium heat. Add 1/3 of the tofu. Cook, tossing often, for 1 minute or until the edges are crisp and golden. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the tofu to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat with the remaining tofu mixture.
- To make the dressing, combine the lime or lemon juice, chilli sauce, salt and pepper in a jug. Whisk to combine.
- Place the tofu, spinach, cucumber and tomatoes in a large bowl and toss gently.
- Divide among serving plates, sprinkle with cashew nuts and drizzle with dressing.