Swiss Style Dacquoise
A Swiss version of Dacquoise. Traditionally, they are sandwiched together with chocolate-praline cream or buttercream. In this recipe, I use a mixture of whipped cream and prepared chocolate sauce
- egg whites 100g
almond powder 60g
cake flour 10g
confectioners’ sugar 60g
whipping cream 100g
chocolate sauce 50g
- Sift together almond powder, flour and confectioners’ sugar.
- In a bowl, beat egg whites and 30g of sugar until stiff.
- Mix in the sifted dry ingredients.
- Onto a baking paper lined tray, pipe the mixture into 5cm diameter dome shapes.
- Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar* generously twice. (*This is not included in the ingredients list. Have extra amount ready.)
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C (356 °F) for about 12 to 15 minutes until brown.
- Prepare filling. Beat whipping cream over ice water.
- Just before soft peaks start to form, mix in chocolate sauce and beat again until soft peaks start to form again.
- Allow baked meringues to cool, then sandwich with the filling